NHLA seeks office manager/legal secretary for Manchester officePosted Oct 25, 2018
New Hampshire Legal Assistance, a state-wide non-profit law firm serving low-income families and seniors, is seeking a full-time administrative office manager and legal secretary for our Manchester branch legal office.
The job responsibilities include:
· Provide quality, timely work product, type, prepare, revise and process court documents, correspondence, memoranda and PowerPoint presentations.
· Must be familiar with formatting legal pleadings, including tables of content and have the ability to draft correspondence.
· Must be proficient with latest versions of Adobe Pro and Microsoft Suite of products
· Conduct confidential, sensitive telephone intakes from applicants seeking legal services.
· Handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls to clients or representatives, as well as our attorneys, in a professional manner.
· Respond to incoming telephone calls and client visits.
· Assist attorneys in gathering information (calling courts, social security admin offices) as needed.
· Maintain busy calendar, including scheduling appointments and staff meetings. Must have advanced MS Outlook skills.
· Assist with special projects as assigned.
· Previous office management/legal secretary experience required
· Superior customer service skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills with Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) designation preferred.
· Ability to speak Spanish or other second language a plus
· Demonstrated commitment to serving vulnerable populations; knowledge of NH social services network a plus.