Work at NHLA! We're hiring an office assistant and referral specialistPosted Feb 22, 2018
New Hampshire Legal Assistance (NHLA), a statewide civil legal aid organization that serves low-income New Hampshire residents, seeks a dynamic individual to serve as an Office Assistant and Referral Specialist.
NHLA’s resources are primarily focused on housing, health, income benefits, elder law, domestic violence, and public utilities. NHLA operates five branch law offices and a number of statewide projects. More information available at www.nhla.org
· Answer, screen and refer calls for NHLA’s five offices.
· Conduct confidential, sensitive telephone intakes with applicants seeking services.
· Perform data entry and other clerical work.
· Assist with special projects.
· Occasional travel to support needs of other NHLA offices.
· Office assistant training/education and/or experience required
· Superior customer service skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent listening and critical thinking skills
· Previous customer service and/or law office experience required
· Prior database use and data entry required
· Ability to speak Spanish or other second language a plus
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
· Demonstrated commitment to serving vulnerable populations
Salary/Benefits: Salary DOE. Excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan.
Applications: Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 19, 2018